The SAP S/4HANA Profitability Analysis Configuration Guide [124 pages PDF] provides information on how to configure SAP S/4HANA Profitability Analysis (CO-PA). CO-PA is a module in SAP S/4HANA that allows you to analyze profitability by segment. Segments can be defined by product, customer, sales organization, or any other criteria that is relevant to your business.
The structure of this document is divided into the following areas:
Organizational structures: This area covers the configuration of organizational structures, such as company codes, profit centers, and cost centers.
Master data: This area covers the configuration of master data, such as products, customers, and sales orders.
Value fields: This area covers the configuration of value fields, which are used to define the segments that you will analyze in CO-PA.
Valuation: This area covers the configuration of valuation, which is the process of assigning costs and revenues to segments.
Reporting: This area covers the configuration of reporting, which is the process of generating reports that show the profitability of your business by segment.
This document provides a step-by-step guide with screenshots from S/4HANA on how to configure CO-PA for following topics:
- Define operating Concern [KEA0]
- Assign Controlling Area to Operating concern [KEKK]
- Set Operating Concern [KEBD]
- Assign Value Fields [KE41]
- Assign Quantity Fields [E4MI]
- Maintain PA Transfer Structure for Direct Postings [KE12]
- Define Structure of Cost Center Assessment Process Cost Assessment [KEU1]
- Activate Profitability Analysis [KEKE]
- Define Key Figure schemes [KER1]
- Create Profitability Report [KE31]
- Set Control Parameters for Actual Data
- Maintain Plan Versions [OKEQ]
- Define Number ranges for local Documents [GB02]
- Maintain Automatic Account Assignment of Revenue Elements [OKB9]
- Choose Additional Balance Sheet and P&L Accounts
- Raise an sales order [VA01]
- Posting outbound delivery [VL01N]
- Billing the document [VF01]