In this document, the author compares the differences between SAP ECC and S/4HANA in terms of Materials Requirement Planning (MRP). Here’s a summary of the key points from the document:
- MRP Run: S/4HANA uses MRP Live, which offers improved performance and shorter planning cycles. It also supports more detailed planning scopes and allows for more frequent planning runs, providing more up-to-date supply and demand information.
- Demand Driven MRP (DDMRP): This feature is not available in ECC. DDMRP is a pull methodology to plan inventories and materials based on current demand, offering a new way of managing the supply chain.
- Predictive Material & Resource Planning (pMRP): This feature is not available in ECC. pMRP in S/4HANA helps identify potential capacity issues and evaluate possible solutions based on a simplified requirements plan.
- Production Version Selection: In ECC, there are multiple selection methods available. However, S/4HANA considers the production version with the latest “valid from date”, irrespective of the selection method and lot size.
- Batch Management: The transaction codes for batch management have changed in S/4HANA.
- Advanced Planning: In ECC, advanced planning requires a separate system and data transfer. In S/4HANA, advanced planning is part of the system, eliminating the need for a separate system and data transfer.
- Production Scheduling Board: This feature is not available in ECC. In S/4HANA, the Production Scheduling Board allows for detailed planning of resource schedules and order dates and times.
- Material Scrap and Operation Scrap: S/4HANA offers analytical apps that compare actual scrap figures with expected scrap, allowing for feedback loops for updating expected scrap percentages.
- Planning File Table: The original planning files in ECC no longer exist in S/4HANA. They have been replaced by the new planning file PPH_DBVM.
- FIORI Application Type: S/4HANA offers new FIORI applications for transactional tasks, analytical overviews for KPI analysis, and factsheets for viewing essential information about an object.
The document also provides detailed comparisons of various other features and functionalities, including DDMRP, pMRP, selection methods for production versions, production version status, mass processing, and more. It also highlights the new processes and changes in transaction codes in S/4HANA.