This PDF document provides an overview of the subcontracting process in SAP MM (Materials Management). Subcontracting is the process of outsourcing certain manufacturing processes to an external vendor. The key sections covered in this training material include:
- Introduction to Subcontracting: Definition, overview diagram, steps involved.
- Scenario 1 – Simple subcontracting cycle without BOM
- Scenario 2 – Subcontracting with BOM
- Scenario 3 – Sending materials directly from supplying vendor to subcontractor
- Scenario 4 – Subcontracting through MRP
- Scenario 5 – Subsequent adjustments for over and under consumption
- Scenario 6 – Receiving by-products/scraps from subcontractor
- Scenario 7 – Returning materials to plant if PO is deleted
- Scenario 8 – Recursive subcontracting
Each scenario walks through an example with screenshots demonstrating the steps for master data setup, purchase order creation, goods issues, receipt of finished goods, and accounting entries. Key transactions like ME21N, MIGO, MB1B are explained. The document covers important concepts like stock transfers, consumption, and recursive subcontracting.