This training document provides an overview of production planning master data in SAP, specialized for agriculture industry. Master data forms the foundation for production planning and execution. In this guide Production Planning Master Data is explained under 5 key master data elements as below;
- Material Master: Used to catalog all materials, provides central source for product information.
- Bills of Material (BOM): Displays list of materials and quantities needed to produce a product.
- Resource: Refers to work centers or machines used in production.
- Master Recipe: Lays out production process steps and resources required.
- Production Version: Combines BOMs and master recipes needed for production.