This PDF document provides an overview of IDoc basics tailored for SAP functional consultants. IDocs (Intermediate Documents) are electronic messages used to exchange business data between SAP and non-SAP systems. The document covers the following key areas:
- Understanding IDoc Concepts: Defining IDocs and their purpose, differentiating between inbound and outbound flows, and the usage of EDI subsystems vs ALE.
- IDoc Structure and Components: Examining the structure of an IDoc, including the control record, data records, and status records stored in database tables.
- IDoc Types and Message Types: Explaining IDoc types, message types, and how they correlate for different scenarios.
- Partner Profiles: Configuration of partner profiles for IDoc communication, including ports and logical system names.
- Processing and Monitoring: Lifecycle and status monitoring of IDocs using common transaction codes like WE02, WE05 etc.
- Mapping and Transformation: Overview of mapping between source systems and SAP IDocs and key data elements.
- Integration with SAP Modules: Usage of IDocs in SD, MM, FI etc. and relevant IDoc types.
- Error Handling and Reprocessing: Managing errors, reprocessing failed IDocs, and techniques for troubleshooting.
The document aims to provide functional consultants with a solid grasp of IDoc concepts and key knowledge areas needed to handle IDoc-related matters in SAP projects and support.