S/4 HANA has introduced Self-Service Procurement as a way to make purchasing easier for casual users and give employees the ability to purchase the products and services they need. The procurement function offers an intuitive shopping cart interface and user-friendly online catalog, allowing users to easily purchase goods and services. Additionally, it can automate and control the purchasing process, helping procurement organizations enforce purchasing strategies and contract compliance, and streamline the purchasing process. Users can also access supplier-managed product information, including specifications, configurable items, and pricing, to quickly identify the right products and services. SAP provides direct access to procurement catalogs through the purchase requisition. These catalogs, managed by catalog administrators, assist end users in making purchasing decisions using preferred and contracted suppliers. Self-service procurement enables users to search and compare options to find the right products and services using existing catalog management tools.
Following topics are covered in this Self Service Procurement cookbook document;
- Changes identified with respect to SAP Business Suite (IE ECC, SCM, APO etc)
- Key business benefits for S4 HANA 1610 – Use cases, Cost Case etc
- Migration to S4 HANA 1610
- Process Independent Implementation (Configuration) Steps for Self-Service Procurement
- Indirect procurement using self service requisitioning from material master