Starting with a one page description to the terms of SAP Configuration, SAP Implementation Methodology, and SAP Landscape, this document then provides the 8 steps of baseline configuration of SAP S/4HANA Production Planning (PP) module.
The configuration steps covered in this guide are as follows:
- Factory Calendar: This involves creating company-specific dates such as alternate working Saturdays and holidays. The calendar ID can be used in the work center master data for calculating capacities.
- Shift and Shift Sequences: This step involves defining the timings for each shift and the sequence of each shift. The grouping created here can be used in the Capacities tab in the work center.
- Person Responsible: This refers to the person or group of people responsible for maintaining the master data in certain work centers. This key will now be available to select in the work center.
- Capacity Planner Group: This is a person or group of people responsible for planning certain capacities. This key will now be available to select in the capacities tab in the work center.
- Work Center Parameter: These are used in formulas for capacity planning, scheduling, costing, PRT management, and determining standard values using CAPP.
- Work Center Formula: This involves creating new formulas based on parameters defined in the previous step. The formula is used for capacity planning, scheduling, costing, etc.
- Standard Value Key: This key determines the meaning of the six standard values in the operation. It is used in formulas for the calculation of execution time, capacity requirements, and costs.
- Control Key: This specifies how an operation or a sub-operation is processed in functions such as orders, costing, or capacity planning. The control key specifies how the business functions you want to carry out with an operation and how the SAP System processes an operation.