This document provides an overview of shelf life expiration date (SLED) configuration and functionality in SAP Materials Management (MM) module. It covers how to set up and activate SLED checks, define minimum and total shelf life in material master records, and enter SLED dates during goods receipt. Four scenarios are explained with examples to illustrate system behavior based on whether minimum and total shelf life values are maintained.
- Introduction to shelf life expiration date and its importance for perishable goods inventory management
- Prerequisites for enabling SLED checks such as configuration settings and material master data
- Explanation of total shelf life vs minimum remaining shelf life fields and how they impact SLED calculations
- Four case studies analyzing system behavior when minimum/total shelf life values are blank or populated in material master
- Step-by-step configuration guide with screenshots for activating SLED checks and period indicators
- Examples of SLED entry during goods receipt and resulting system validations for each case study scenario
- Conclusion summarizing learnings on how minimum and total shelf life settings impact GR process