Kit to stock is a process in SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) that allows you to create kits from individual components and store them in the warehouse. A kit is a set of products that are sold or used together, such as a gift basket or a repair kit.
The kit to stock process enables you to optimize your inventory management and reduce your storage space requirements. You can also use it to prepare kits in advance for seasonal or promotional demand.
A typical Kit-to-Stock Process flow chart is as follows in SAP:
In this document you will find step-by-step instruction with screenshots for the following transactions:
- Create and Release Production Order for Kit-to-stock [CO01, CO02]
- Overview of Outbound Deliver OD Created from Production Order [/SCWM/PRDO]
- Overview of Inbound Delivery ID created from Production order [/SCWM/PRDI]
- Create Picking tasks for Kit components [/SCWM/WAVE]
- RF Pick Components [/SCWM/RFUI]
- Execute VAS order [/SCWM/VASEXEC]
- Inbound processing and Putaway of Kit product [/SCWM/PRDI]
- Overview of ERP Outbound Delivery [VL03N]
- Overview of ERP Inbound Delivery [VL33N]
- Overview of Production order [CO03]