Document splitting is a feature in SAP that automatically splits line items in documents based on configured dimensions or to allow zero balancing. This enables drawing financial statements at various dimensions like profit centers.
In this PDF document, you will find instructions for the following list of steps required to configure Document Splitting in SAP:
- Classify G/L accounts for document splitting by assigning item categories.
- Classify document types for document splitting by assigning business transactions and variants.
- Define a zero-balance clearing account to post any additional clearing items.
- Define document splitting characteristics for GL accounting like zero balancing, mandatory fields.
- Define document splitting characteristics for Controlling.
- Activate document splitting at the client level. It applies to all company codes unless specifically deactivated.