This document provides an overview of Revenue Accounting and Reporting (RAR) application in SAP S/4HANA, which replaces the previous SD Revenue Recognition functionality in ECC 6.0 to comply with new accounting standards like IFRS 15. The paper discusses how RAR addresses limitations of SD Revenue Recognition, explains how the new 5-step revenue recognition model works, summarizes setup and migration considerations, and outlines key benefits in areas like general ledger accounting, accounts receivable, and reporting.
Major sections covered in the document are:
- Introduction to SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting in SAP S/4HANA
- How RAR helps meet new IFRS 15 requirements
- Industries impacted by the new standards
- RAR features and methods for revenue recognition
- RAR setup and migration considerations
- Benefits in general ledger, accounts receivable, reporting