The clearing between the customer and vendor can happen by following the below settings
1. The customer number must be entered in the corresponding vendor master record
a. FK02->General Data -> Control
In the ‘Account control’ tab, in the ‘Customer’ field, enter the customer number
b.In the Company Code Data –> Payment Transaction Accounting, select the checkbox – ‘Clrg with Cust’
note:If you do not fill ‘Customer’ field ,the ‘Clrg with Cust’ field can not display.
2. The vendor number must be entered in the corresponding customer master record
a. FD02->General Data -> Control
In the ‘Account control’ tab, in the ‘Vender’ field, enter the vendor number
b. In the Company Code Data –> Payment Transaction Accounting, select the checkbox – ‘Clearing with vendor’
3. For testing, create a vendor invoice through FB60 and customer invoice through FB70. Note that customer and vendor are properly selected.
4. To see the vendor/customer balance both together use FBL1N/FBL5N, when you execute FBL1N select customer check box, when you execute FBL5N select vendor check box along with open item/cleared item check box
5. For clearing the open items. Use the TCode F-32. On clicking the ‘Process open Items’, the vendor invoice (KR) and customer invoice (DR) are shown automatically. It will generate the FI document with proper entry.
Note: Partial / Residual payment between customer and vendor is also possible