This course will focus on how SAP General Ledger Accounting module manages general ledger transactions and activities.
The starting point of the course will introduce the concept of General Ledger Master Records creation and will give explanations with regards as to how they will relate to transactional processes. The course will also touch on the structures of General Ledger accounting record and their significance to processes that are critical to General ledger accounting in the recording of accounting transactions such as expenses, revenues, adjustments and also assist in areas of internal and external reporting.
Master records fields and their impact on transactional processing will also be under focus. During course trainees will be taken through the steps in the creation of the General Ledger Master records execute transactional processes in areas of: parking, posting, document changing, accounts clearing, document reversals and reporting.
The SAP system allows for the viewing of documents at each stage of processing which makes it easy to track a transaction from the beginning to the end and also make it easy to analyze the related documents as you can navigate from the initial document going back wards. This is due to integration of modules in the SAP system.
After reading this document you will be able to:
- Explain how the SAP ERP modules are integrated.
- Explain general ledger accounting functions
- Maintain General ledger master Records
- Process General Ledger accounting transactions
- Run standard general ledger reports
- Unit 1 : Finance Organizational Structures and Master Data
- Unit 2 : Accounting Transaction in General Ledger
- Unit 3 : General Ledger period end closing
- Unit 4 : General Ledger Reporting