Item categories provide additional control functions for the sales documents.By using an item category, the system can process a material differently in each sales document type.
The item category in the sales document is defined using the sales document type and the material.
An item category can influence, for example:
- Whether the system runs automatic pricing
- Whether the item appears on an invoice
- Which fields are recorded in the incompletion log if they were not entered in the order
- Which partner functions belong to the item
- Which text types belong to the item
- Whether the item appears on a delivery
- Whether you can create schedule lines for the item
The item category in the sales document is found using the sales document type and the item category group from the material master.
The item category group is maintained in the material master on the Sales: sales org. 2 tab page.
Another item category from the one in the standard order is found for the material with the item category group Norm.
1 thought on “Make to Order:Functions of Item Categories”
very useful , pl. also provide some material related to how to get required information from sap by manipulating in excel