During goods issue in the sales cycle, the system is usually configured to update the relevant GL accounts automatically and to create the relevant accounting documents. This customization in IMG is also called material account assignment and is achieved through a number of steps as detailed below:
- Determine ‘valuation level’ (Company Code or plant).
- Activate ‘valuation grouping code’ and link it with the ‘chart of accounts’ for each ‘valuation area.’
- Link ‘valuation class’ with ‘material type’ (FERT, HAWA, HALB, etc.) with the ‘account category reference’ (combination of valuation classes).
- Maintain ‘account modification codes’ for ‘movement types.’
- Link ‘account modification codes’ with ‘process keys’ (transaction/event keys).
- Maintain a GL account for a given combination of ‘chart of accounts’+ ‘valuation grouping code ‘+’ account modification code ‘+’ valuation classes.’
The process of Automatic Account Determination is as follows:
- Depending on the ‘plant’ entered during goods issue (GI), the ‘Company Code’ is determined by the system which in turn determines the relevant ‘Chart of Accounts.’
- The plant thus entered in goods issue determines the ‘valuation class’ and then the ‘valuation grouping code.’
- The ‘valuation class’ is determined from the ‘material master.’
- Since the ‘account modification code’ is assigned to a ‘process key’ which is already linked to a ‘movement type,’ the ‘transaction key’ (DIF, GBB, AUM, BSX, etc.) determines the ‘GL account’ as posting transactions are predefined for each ‘movement type’ in ‘inventory management.’
3 thoughts on “Automatic Account Assignment in SAP SD”
Technical updation of documents are necessary
how we can assign two ship to party to one sold to party
As per my knowledge, if you have not created ship-to-parties yet, you have to create it through XD01/VD01 by selecting ship-to-party account group. Then execute XD02/ VD02 with the required sold-to-party, under Sales Ares/ Partner Function you can include the created two ship-to-party here.
Hope this helps.