One of the advantages of an integrated system like SAP is that the system can be configured so that when a goods movement is recorded for production planning or materials management (PP/MM) purposes, the R/3 system will automatically determine the correct G/L account to post to using the type of transaction and other factors. Automatic account determination is also referred to as automatic posting and automatic account determination in the SAP R/3 system.
To configure the SAP system to make the automatic accounting postings, valuation control must be set to active.
For configuration you will see following steps covered;
- Create and Assign Valuation Grouping Code to Company Code
- Establish Automatic Postings for Inventory Posting (BSX)
- Establish Automatic Postings for Offsetting entry for inventory posting (GBB)
- Establish Automatic Postings for Cost/Price Difference (PRD)
- Establish Automatic Postings for Materials Management Small Differences (DIF)
- Establish Automatic Postings for GR/IR Clearing Account (WRX)
- Configure price change in previous period/previous year
- Default values for invoice verification
- Update Posting Keys for Invoice Verification
Download – SAP Automatic Account Assignment Configuration Guide
5 thoughts on “SAP Automatic Account Assignment Configuration Guide”
thanks for your great contributiton and excellent work! I have been indulging in this site since I found it last friday. this is one of the most useful sites providing SAP stuff, I can’t say how I appreciate your great job.
thanks for your compliments. great pleasure to hear this site is helpful for you. Hope you always enjoy here :)
This is awesome! It’s been extremely helpful! Thanks for putting all this together and sharing it with us.
This site provides wondeful resources for a newbie like me who is relatively new to the world of SAP. I find them extremely helpful & easily understandable.
Thanks for the great work.
What is steps for Automatic Account Assignment with wizard Configuration?