One of the advantages of an integrated system like SAP is that the system can be configured so that when a goods movement is recorded for production planning or materials management (PP/MM) purposes, the R/3 system will automatically determine the correct G/L account to post to using the type of transaction and other factors. Automatic account determination is also referred to as automatic posting and automatic account determination in the SAP R/3 system.
To configure the SAP system to make the automatic accounting postings, valuation control must be set to active.
For configuration you will see following steps covered;
- Create and Assign Valuation Grouping Code to Company Code
- Establish Automatic Postings for Inventory Posting (BSX)
- Establish Automatic Postings for Offsetting entry for inventory posting (GBB)
- Establish Automatic Postings for Cost/Price Difference (PRD)
- Establish Automatic Postings for Materials Management Small Differences (DIF)
- Establish Automatic Postings for GR/IR Clearing Account (WRX)
- Configure price change in previous period/previous year
- Default values for invoice verification
- Update Posting Keys for Invoice Verification